A new ISO image based on OMV 4.1.22 has been released. The ISO image now supports UEFI.
If you want to try out OMV5 (beta) on AMD64 compatible hardware, then simply download the ISO image and install it.
You can also use any Debian 10 image and manually install OMV5 according to this forum post.
Last but not least you can give it a try in a virtual machine using Vagrant.
$ git clone https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault.git $ cd openmediavault/ $ git checkout master $ cd vagrant/ $ vagrant up
The following changes have been done:
- Adapt code base to Debian 10 (Buster)
- Use Salt to deploy configuration settings. Using ‘omv-salt stage run all’ will deploy the whole system according to the configuration database.
- The omv-salt CLI command superseds omv-mkconf. Note, the command will not only create the configuration files, it will also take care about to start/stop/restart the services.
- The omv-initsystem command has been replaced by ‘omv-confdbadm populate’. This command discovers the current system settings and synchronizes them into the database.
- Default systems settings will now be applied by the Salt orchestration state ‘omv.stage.setup’.
- Add Time Machine support to SMB/CIFS shares.
- Use systemd-logind to handle power button action.
- Use systemd to reboot/shutdown/standby the system.
- Issue #93: Use chrony instead of ntpd.
- Issue #146: Use systemd to configure the network.
- Issue #266: Remember size and position of windows.
- Issue #281: Display system uptime in RRD graph.
- Issue #302: Display reboot notification.
- Issue #317: Remove the ability to configure Zeroconf services via UI. They can still be customized via environment variables.
- Add options ‘Group’ and ‘Owner’ to rsync settings. If the ‘Archive’ option is enabled and one of its implied option ‘Recursive’, ‘Preserve permissions’, ‘Times’, ‘Group’ or ‘Owner’ is disabled, then this option will be prefixed with ‘–no-xxx’ in the rsync command line.
- Remove ‘Local master browser’ checkbox in the SMB/CIFS page. If you still need that use the ‘Extra Options’ field to add it manually.
- Improve quick disk wiping. Remove signatures at the end of the device, too.
- Fix bug in wsdd configuration.